Fly’s rumorama: David Geffen, LeBron James, Stan Kroenke, Jacoby Ellsbury, Spero Dedes, Rafael Nadal

NBA: DreamWorks SKG partner David Geffen wants to purchase 51 percent of the L.A. Clippers, spies tell the New York Post. A source also reports Geffen said he could deliver LeBron James to the Clips, as long as he has controlling interest. But Donald Sterling is unlikely to give up said controlling interest. "They (the Clippers) are his entree to Hollywood’s galaxy of stars," the source said. "You have no idea how Donald gets off swaying on the sidelines with demi-celebrities 41 nights a year."

NFL: Potential sole St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke seems to have found a way to have his NFL team and keep his NHL and NBA teams, too. The NFL prevents majority NFL owners from owning franchises in multiple leagues, though it has made an exception for Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga. Kroenke plans to transfer some or all of his ownership of the Nuggets to his 30-year-old son Josh, who has a job in the team’s front office. Plans for the Avalanche are not as firm. "Our son Josh has been involved with many of our organizations for several years and that family continuity remains a priority," Kroenke said in a statement to The Denver Post. "My family looks forward to owning the Rams, Nuggets and Avalanche for years to come while being compliant with all stipulations set by the NFL. Our family remains committed to fans in St. Louis and Denver." Kroenke now owns 40 percent of the Rams, and Chip Rosenbloom and his family would like to transfer the other 60 percent to him, as well.

• Spero Dedes, radio voice of the Los Angeles Lakers, will replace Dick Enberg in CBS Sports’ NFL TV lineup, Ben Maller reports. CBS will announce the move this summer, Maller reports. Dedes was part of the NFL Network’s "NFL GameDay Morning" pregame coverage in 2009, teaming with Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp.

MLB: Red Sox LF Jacoby Ellsbury is still having trouble after breaking four ribs in a collision with Adrian Beltre back in April. So he’s probably going to get a second opinion. Terry Francona says Ellsbury likely will take a trip out to the Kerlan-Jobe clinic in Los Angeles.

Tennis: One more reason to like Rafael Nadal: He’s a fan of Disney World. Rafa made a Monday appearance at the Magic Kingdom after winning the French Open on Sunday. "It’s a place I love, I often come with family and I also intend to return very soon," Nadal said.

NBA: DreamWorks SKG partner David Geffen wants to purchase 51 percent of the L.A. Clippers, spies tell the New York Post. A source also reports Geffen said he could deliver LeBron James to the Clips, as long as he has controlling interest. But Donald Sterling is unlikely to give up said controlling interest. "They (the Clippers) are his entree to Hollywood’s galaxy of stars," the source said. "You have no idea how Donald gets off swaying on the sidelines with demi-celebrities 41 nights a year."

NFL: Potential sole St. Louis Rams owner Stan Kroenke seems to have found a way to have his NFL team and keep his NHL and NBA teams, too. The NFL prevents majority NFL owners from owning franchises in multiple leagues, though it has made an exception for Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga. Kroenke plans to transfer some or all of his ownership of the Nuggets to his 30-year-old son Josh, who has a job in the team’s front office. Plans for the Avalanche are not as firm. "Our son Josh has been involved with many of our organizations for several years and that family continuity remains a priority," Kroenke said in a statement to The Denver Post. "My family looks forward to owning the Rams, Nuggets and Avalanche for years to come while being compliant with all stipulations set by the NFL. Our family remains committed to fans in St. Louis and Denver." Kroenke now owns 40 percent of the Rams, and Chip Rosenbloom and his family would like to transfer the other 60 percent to him, as well.

• Spero Dedes, radio voice of the Los Angeles Lakers, will replace Dick Enberg in CBS Sports’ NFL TV lineup, Ben Maller reports. CBS will announce the move this summer, Maller reports. Dedes was part of the NFL Network’s "NFL GameDay Morning" pregame coverage in 2009, teaming with Michael Irvin and Warren Sapp.

MLB: Red Sox LF Jacoby Ellsbury is still having trouble after breaking four ribs in a collision with Adrian Beltre back in April. So he’s probably going to get a second opinion. Terry Francona says Ellsbury likely will take a trip out to the Kerlan-Jobe clinic in Los Angeles.

Tennis: One more reason to like Rafael Nadal: He’s a fan of Disney World. Rafa made a Monday appearance at the Magic Kingdom after winning the French Open on Sunday. "It’s a place I love, I often come with family and I also intend to return very soon," Nadal said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*